Friday, May 28, 2010

Time

It's Sections and How to Mess Them Up

There is a poem written by Michael Anderson that has some wonderfully creative language about Father Time. He describes a picture of an old man titled "Father Time" and then goes on to tell of what happens to himself as he stares at the picture after finding it in the attic. One statement from that poem goes something like this time is but the dream of life, alas, broken into sections. 

Isn't that the truth? Time is broken into sections of age, education, production, history, and tomorrows. The success of each of these depends entirely on our decisions.

We could all learn a lesson from this poem and realize that, we need to relish what we have today for we are assured of nothing in life. We make our life what it is by our choices. We have a mission to follow our leader, God. He and He alone is the one who knows what we will choose. Our job is to find the path He desires us to follow and make sure that we follow it.

This proves to be difficult for me as I like to make my own choices and, frankly, they are not always correct. May I tell you that most of the time I find out that I chose what I wanted and not what was supposed to be? I have lived the life of cleaning up my mistakes. That causes a lot of problems for most of us because it takes time and money to clean up these messes.

I'm not quite sure just why this is the way that I do things. I would suppose that in 69 years I would have learned that God, a much higher being, would know just what the plan is and I should at least consult Him on what I am supposed to be doing. But, alas, somehow I always decide that I know more and have waited long enough for an answer. Then I just make my decisions and pay the price of the consequence later. My new resolve is to really wait on God. I know I can do it.

Barbara Martin is the owner ofhttp://www.clocksforalltimes.com. She believes that clocks can make a home more beautiful. Her website offers a wide variety of wall clocks and other clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment