3 Reasons to Activate Your Alpha Brain Waves
Do alpha brain waves really reduce stress and anxiety, increase creativity, and promote peak performance? Generally, people have four basic brainwaves; Delta Waves, Theta Waves, Alpha Waves and Beta Waves. These four brainwaves emit electrical activity in their individual frequency range. The method for measuring these frequencies is an EEG (electroencephalograph or electroencephalogram).
Scientists have spent a great amount of time studying the ways that brainwaves work. What they have discovered is:
- Delta waves oscillate between 1-4Hz. This frequency is associated with deep sleep patterns.
- Theta waves oscillate between 4-7Hz. This frequency can be associated with REM sleep or lucid dreaming.
- Alpha waves oscillate at 7-13Hz. This frequency is associated with relaxation and meditation.
- Beta waves oscillate at 14-40 Hz. This frequency can be associated with an excited state or our normal waking state.
What benefits do Alpha Brain Waves provide?
You will notice from the earlier discussion that each brain wave (Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta) create different states of consciousness. But, our interest for this article is the benefits of the alpha state. It can be considered the "meditation" brain wave.
People that are considered the elite in their respected fields, live a balanced lifestyle of peace and relaxation. Living a stressful and high anxiety lifestyle is a recipe for failed health, limited creative functioning, and being unable to experience our full potential in our lives. Understanding the power of alpha activity states, provides a way to tap into areas of our minds that are waiting to be released.
3 Reasons To Use Alpha Brain Waves
- More relaxed Thoughts and Relaxed Body-People that practice deep meditation or yoga are quite familiar with the benefits of a relaxed mind and body connection. When you increase your alpha brainwave activity, you can reduce stress, anxiety, and other nervous feelings.
- Access Creative States-People that seem to have above average creativity, have been known to experience burst alpha brainwaves. This increase in of alpha waves appears to provide insight and special problem solving skills. If you are an artist or other creative type of person, then an extra burst of alpha waves will give you a new range of creativity.
- Peak Physical Performance-You have heard the saying, "He/she is in the zone." There is published proof that when top athletes are at the height of their game, they have alpha activity burst in the left side of their brains'. Marksmen, golfers, and elite basketball players are most likely to display an increased alpha rhythm, whereas regular folks have not been able to tap into those levels. With brain entrainment in alpha state you can improve your peak performance.
What would you do if you were suddenly able to enter a calm and creative state without having to try hard. Take advantage of this right now! Download 3 FREE Binaural Beats Mp3 samples and you be the judge! Alpha Brain Waves entrainment will help you reduce stress, anxiety, increase creativity, and produce peak performance. Click here to learn more http://binauralsounds.info
Colin Edwards enjoys sharing resources that have helped to improve his life. In doing so he has created relationships with certain experts and in recommending their products may receive compensation for doing so.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Colin_Edwards