Materialize The Passing Moment

by Saalik Siddikki

I have been trying to induce, persuade and motivate some of my younger friends, for the last fifteen years, to explore their inner grounds, find the seeds of writing passion and tap their potential of writing in English. Writing anything, short stories, novels, articles/essays for newspapers, magazine and lately writing on internet.

To my chagrin, none demonstrated the courage to accept the challenge. Today, I do admit that, in actual fact, it is me who utterly failed to break the shackles of self imposed compulsions and unleash a great writer, contained somewhere deep inside. I pursued others to help them discovering their talents and abilities while my own passions and obsessions suffered heavily.

Admitting my failure has also shown me a thin beam of hope that I may one day discover the writer that I myself buried under heavy debris of my shattered dreams.

The genetic default of having a flair for writing, creativity and expressing my true emotions is an undeniable truth. Then why I ignored or deceived myself by mis-perceiving that writing is not for me? It is an unpardonable sin for which I am sternly admonishing myself. And I have my own way of doing this.

In addition to various other abandoned blogs, I also created some with purpose that need to be updated regularly and the task is like squeezing the lemon to eke out even the last smallest remaining drop of its sour and acidic juice. That's the price I have to pay for all the complacence, lethargy, procrastination and self-deception.

My dear younger friends, please try to avoid the circumstances that I have been through and don't waste your valuable time in futile activities.

Take full advantage of the passing moment, for it is the only opportunity that you have to avail. Past is gone, future is unknown. Only the passing moment is what you have to manipulate and utilize to your own advantage.

To fulfill your dreams and to achieve your goals, materialize this passing moment using every unit of your intellectual, spiritual and physical energies. Wishing you all the best in the process of moving towards your destiny.

Think big, act intrepidly!

August 10, 2010

1 comment:

  1. According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 pounds less than we do.

    (And really, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING about "how" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    Click this link to discover if this little questionnaire can help you decipher your real weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete